APPOINTMENTS TO THE TOWNSHIP OF ASSIGINACK
2018 ELECTION COMPLIANCE AUDIT COMMITTEE
The Township of Assiginack is currently seeking interested applicants with accounting, auditing and legal experience, from professionals who are required to adhere to codes or standards of their profession and from individuals with in-depth knowledge of the campaign financing rules for candidates and registered third parties of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, for appointment to the 2018 Election Compliance Audit Committee.
The purpose of the Compliance Audit Committee is to:
- consider compliance audit applications made by electors and decide whether they should be granted or rejected;
- appoint an auditor if the compliance audit application is granted;
- receive and consider the auditor’s report;
- decide whether to commence legal proceedings, if there is a contravention; and
- consider compliance audit reports prepared by the Clerk and decide whether to commence a legal proceeding against the contributor.
DEADLINE is Friday, September 14th, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
For further information or if you wish to be considered for an appointment, submit a resume and an expression of interest to the undersigned:
Jeremy Rody, Clerk
156 Arthur Street, PO Bo 238, Manitowaning, ON P0P 1N0
email@example.com or 705-859-3196
FIRST POSTING OF THE PRELIMINARY LIST OF ELECTORS
The Preliminary List of all Electors prepared as required by the Municipal Elections Act will be publicly posted in the Office of the Clerk on: Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Electors should examine the list to ensure that their names and relevant information are correctly shown. This may also be done online using VoterLookup.ca
Applications for additions, or corrections to, or deletions from the list may be made by an elector by completing and filing a form, obtainable at the Office of the Clerk.
The last day for filing concerning additions, corrections or deletions is at the close of voting on: Monday, October 22, 2018
September Office Hours:
8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday to Friday
156 Arthur Street, Manitowaning, Ontario