WELCOME TO THE ASSIGINACK PUBLIC LIBRARY
Online Book Collection
To do a search, hit Ctrl F and in the top right you will see a white box. Put in the word (s) you are looking for. This will highlight all the words in the directory and you can scroll through.
Assiginack Public Library Patrons
Curb-side pickup will begin on Tuesday June 2nd for Assiginack Library patrons. Please read the following information carefully to understand how this system will work.
Each step is very important and necessary to insure continued curb-side Library service while also maintaining infection prevention and social distancing.
Please follow Public Health advised protocol regarding hand-Washing and physical distancing.
Staff will handle your book selection wearing gloves and returned materials will be held at least three days before being allowed back into the collection for circulation again. We ask that you please wash your hands before and after handling Library materials and that any children in your care are also washing their hands before and after handling Library materials.
- Interlibrary Loan Services from other Libraries are not available at this time.
- Books only may be borrowed and can be kept for three days. You may return them sooner if you are finished with them by contacting the Library by phone or email with your next selection list. You may borrow five items per lending period. If you are contacting the Library by email please always include your name and a phone number.
- A Library Book Collection List is attached here. To do a search, hit Ctrl F and in the top right you will see a white box. Put in the word (s) you are looking for. This will highlight all the words in the directory and you can scroll through.
- This is what you will see when you open the collection:
TITLE SUB-TITLE AUTHOR CALL#1 CALL #2
The Title and Author columns are hi-lighted in yellow. These two columns are the information staff needs to select your choices from the collection.
The Sub-Title column generally gives a little more information about the subject of Non-Fiction books (True Fact books). The Call 1 and 2 columns – if there is an F in one of these columns that means it is an Adult Fiction/Novel. An E/F means that it is an Elementary/Children’s storybook and an I/F means that it is an Intermediate/Teen novel. If there is a number for example: 363.678 that tells you that it is a Non-Fiction/True Fact book.
Copy down the Title and Author of the five books you have chosen and call the Library (705-859-2110) on Tuesdays and Saturdays between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to contact staff with your choices or email your selections (be sure your name and phone number are in the email) to the Library at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You will be contacted by phone by staff when your materials are selected and ready for pickup. There will be a designated day and time to pickup materials at the front of the Library. Please do not approach the doors until your designated time so that we can all maintain safe distancing practices. Your selections will be on a table in a plastic grocery bag with your name on it. At this time we ask that you return any Library materials that you already have. They must be in a plastic bag and you can put them in the large blue container that will also be be a the front door. This is the only way materials can be returned as our Bookdrop will remain locked. It would be greatly appreciated if all materials (books and DVDs) that you have had out the last three months during pandemic lock-down be returned the day of your first curb-side pickup. Please be sure to remove all bookmarks from books you are returning as they cannot be returned to you and please do not remove the book card found in the front or back pocket of the books.
- If you cannot pick up your materials on the designated day and time please call the Library to let staff know and we will re-schedule with you.
- Staff will be inside being sure that materials are being picked up.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY COVID 19 SYMPTOMS OR OTHER CONTAGIOUS ILLNESS – PLEASE CONTACT US AND WE WILL RENEW YOUR MATERIALS – PLEASE DO NOT BRING THEM TO THE LIBRARY.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Library staff at (705-859-2110 )Tuesday or Saturdays from 10 a.m to 3 p.m.
The Assiginack Public Library is situated in the downtown core of Manitowaning. It has ramped sidewalks and powered doors for easy access. The Library has a Main Collection area, a Children’s Room, a Young Adult space and a Meeting Space. We have over 11,000 books, DVD’s, magazines, Talking Books and Large Print materials. We have free wireless Internet access and we are air-conditioned in the summer. There are 2 public computers available for anyone to use, or bring your own laptop, tablet, or smartphone to access the free Wi-Fi.
NEW HOURS- Cancelled until further notice
January 1 to June 29 & August 27 to December 31
Tuesday 11:00 am – 4:30 pm & 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Thursday 11:00 am – 4:30 pm
Saturday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Extended hours for July 2 to August 24
Tuesday 10:00 am – 5:30 pm & 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Thursday 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Friday 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Saturday 10:00 am – 3:30 pm
Learning Tools & Reading Options
- Books (Fiction & Non-fiction) – over 11,000 titles available
- Talking Books (Playaway) – an easy to use portable talking book device
- Large Print Books – many great Fiction and Non-Fiction title choices
- Early Literacy Station – an interactive in-Library tool to help your child develop important literacy skills
- DVDs & Videos – many movie titles for adults, teens, and children
- Overdrive E-books – an online electronic book site you access from home
- World Book Online – access to World’s Book online site at home- Ask us for more information
- Public Computers / Internet Access / Free Wireless Internet – available during Library open hours
Head Librarian/CEO: Debbie Robinson