Arena Ice Rates and Schedule 2020-21, Ice can be rented at $40/hour
Located at 59 Vankoughnet St. in Manitowaning. To book ice please call 705 859 3219 or email email@example.com
Please note due to Covid and the turn around for ice rentals, changerooms may not be available and there may not be a fresh sheet of ice (meaning cleaned just for the rental). We will also ask that you only show up 10 minutes before your rental time and depart within 10 minutes after your rental time ends. Each renter will be asked to fill out a contract tracing form and hand back to the arena manager.
There is no changing into any gear or clothing. The only thing to be put on is skates and helmet, therefore you must come dressed to go on the ice.
We recognize that this is new for everyone and there will be growing pains. We ask that you work with us as we adapt to give everyone a good experience.
Arena Rental Rates Ice Rental (per hour)
- For this season only the rate is $40 / hour for all rentals. Please note that you may not get a clean sheet of ice and we do ask that you cooperate with us to make this work.
- Public Skating – due to Covid restrictions, only 25 allowed on the ice at a time.
- Free for this season
- Monday – Thursday 3-5 pm is Kids Skate! Please have child wear helmet.
- Tuesday & Thursday 11:30 am to 1 pm Public Skating
- Friday 7:30-9 pm Public Skating
- Saturday 1-3 pm Public Skating
Children 12 and under must have adult supervision. Helmets are strongly recommended for everyone.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL THE ARENA AT (705)-859-3219
Snowshoe Rental Policy
The purpose of this policy is to structure the rental of municipally owned snowshoes.
- All rental requests are based on a first come, first serve basis. Snowshoes may be rented during business hours and must be returned within 3 days of rental to the Township Office during business hours.
- There is no cost to rent snowshoes. However, credit card information will be kept on file in the unfortunate case of damaged or stolen snowshoes.
- Snowshoes must be signed out by a person aged 18 years or older.
- If snowshoes are not returned within 3 days or returned in a damaged state, the individual will lose rental privileges and will be charged accordingly.
The following sizes are available for rental. Please note the weight specifications for each size and add 10 lbs for winter clothing.
- 22” snowshoes (120 lbs or less)
- 25” snowshoes (110 – 160 lbs)
- 30” snowshoes (160 – 210 lbs)
- Late Return Charge: $10/each
- Damage Charge: $100/each – examples of damage include: non-functioning bindings, damage to decking materials, cracked/bent/warped frames, etc.
- No Return/Stolen Charge: $100/each (25” & 30”), $75/each (22”)
Arena & Fairground Rates
Arena Rental in the summer season (April through October) for a licensed event includes use of the washrooms, concession booth and arena floor. The Renter shall set up tables and chairs. The Arena Staff shall be responsible for the set up and removal of the stage if required. The Renter shall be responsible for the complete clean up which includes:
- Sweeping all areas, remove garbage from the facility
- Wipe clean all tables and chairs, counter tops
- Stack all tables and chairs
- Sweep and mop if necessary, the arena floor.
There is no charge for decorating for your event. All decorations must be removed and disposed of by the Renter within two days of the completion of the event.
FEE: $ 370.00 + HST + $ 200.00 security and cleaning deposit (refundable after the event)
Total: $ 567.50
Kitchen $60.00/per day + HST
Arena Rental in summer, day use only. Renter does clean up at the end of the day
FEE: $63.00 + HST
Fairgrounds/Pavilion – a refundable deposit is required. Clean up and refurbishing by the Renter is expected to be completed within two days of the completion of the event.
FEE: $50.00 + HST
Atrium, fairgrounds and pavilion for the day, Clean up requirements as above
FEE: $150.00 +HST + $200.00 (refundable deposit)
Total: $ 331.25
Arena, fairgrounds, pavilion weekend rate: From Friday p.m. until Sunday p.m.
FEE: $ 840.00 + HTS+ $ 200.00 (refundable deposit)
Total: $ 1,149.20
Rental of Tables and Chairs: Everything to be returned within two days of the event.
FEE: $ 5 /table, $2/ chair + HST + (refundable deposit)
Special consideration may be given to children’s groups, charities etc., or if special circumstances warrant an adjustment form these rates. We ask for your co-operation by applying for relief in writing to the Municipal office well in advance of your event.
Note: Deposits are due upon booking the facilities, all fees are due prior to the event. The decision to refund the deposit will be made by the Arena Manager after an inspection of the facilities and the refund or a portion thereof will be refunded within two days of the completion of the clean up of the event. Any schedule arranged with the Arena Manager for Set Up or Tear Down must be fulfilled; if not a $20.00 fee will be applied.
TO BOOK THE ARENA FOR YOUR EVENT, PLEASE CALL (705)-859-3219 OR EMAIL INFO@ASSIGINACK.CA